We have a brand new kit design being rolled out in the second half of 2013. To celebrate 50 years of VCL (1964-2014), the new kit incorporates elements from the original, simple 1964 design and the modern 2001 design.Orders are currently closed. See below for the ordering process.
The new kit is produced by Champion-Systems and will phase out the current design. Adult and older youth members will be able to order, and pay upfront for new kit using the Champ-sys website. Orders will be taken approx 3 times per year.
We will be ordering cheaper jerseys and shorts in the new design in smaller sizes for younger members once the current stock has run out.
Sizing samples will be available at Herne Hill at the main sessions for the next two weeks (see Facebook for confirmation), though the sizing charts on the Champ-sys website are quite accurate.
Listed under “Short Sleeves Cycling Jersey”, we recommend the CS TECH Short Sleeve Jersey, costing £44 with VAT + shipping listed on the Champ-sys website, which is the basic jersey, but perfectly good quality.
Note, jerseys are avaliable in short, 3/4 or full length zips – all at the same price.
Listed under “Cycling bottoms”, we recommend the CS Bib Short, costing £57 with VAT + shipping listed on the Champ-sys website, which is the basic shorts, but perfectly good quality.
Note that “knickers” are 3/4 length tights.
Also Note that the “endurance” chamois (which is the default option) costs £7 more than the “performance” chamois. Consider how long you spend in the saddle! For tights, we recommend buying tights without a chamois, and just wearing shorts underneath.
Listed under “Skinsuit Standard T Panel Short Sleeves”, the short sleeve (£87 VAT + shipping), long sleeve (£91 with VAT + shipping) and cyclo-cross (£111 with VAT + shipping) options are self explanatory.
Note that the “endurance” chamois (which is the default option) costs £7 more than the “performance” chamois. Consider how long you spend in the saddle!
The winter jacket has a different, more casual design, not intended to be used for racing.
Listed under “Cycling Jacket”, we recommend the CS Tech Fleece Jacket, costing £70 with VAT + shipping listed on the Champ-sys website, which is a typical fleecy winter top. The CS ThermoShield Winter Jacket costs £94 and has windproof material as well as fleece, and looks good if you want to spend a little more.
The winter gilet has a different, more casual design, not intended to be used for racing.
Listed under “Cycling Wind Vest”, we recommend the CS WindGuard Vest (lightweight shell vest), costing £44 with VAT + shipping listed on the Champ-sys website, which is a windproof, lightweight gilet.
1. Follow the link below, and log-in to VCL’s section:
2. Create your own Champ-sys account following the details on screen.
3. Click “order now” to the lower right of VC Londres Store.
4. Select the items you want to buy, and checkout.
- Check the clothing guide above for the recommended garments. Champ-sys can provide all manor of complicated, technical versions of our clothing, but above we mention the default options.
- Also, check the cut, size and other options, such as zip length.
- We recommend “Race Cut” for skinny whippets, and “Club Cut” for the club run cake eaters. Race cut is slightly tighter and shorter, so don’t be too proud to get a more comfortable fit.
5. All member’s clothing will be dispatched together once produced after the next submission date, and will take approximately 6 weeks to arrive.